BEVERLY, Mass. – The first-seeded Endicott Women's ice hockey team will host fourth-seeded Salve Regina on Saturday, February 29 at 4 PM. Here's a preview of Saturday's playoff matchup.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Endicott holds a 9-0-2 advantage over Salve Regina in the all-time series. The Gulls won all four regular season contests between the two sides.
- This will be the first playoff matchup between the two sides.
- Endicott and Salve Regina enter Saturday's contest as the top two power play teams in the CHC. The Gulls rank No. 1 with the man advantage (31 G, 31.0%), while the Seahawks rank No. 2 (19 G, 16.4%).
- The Blue and Green are 13-1-0 this season at Raymond J. Bourque Arena, while Salve Regina is 2-10-1 on the road.
- Endicott will look to make their fifth straight appearance in the CHC final, while Salve Regina will look to make their first appearance.
The winner between Endicott and Salve Regina will face the winner of the University of New England and Nichols in the CHC Championship game on Saturday, March 7 at the highest remaining seed (time TDB).
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)