BEVERLY, Mass. – Trailing 2-1 late in the third period, the Endicott women's ice hockey team scored two goals less than three minutes apart from each other to come away with a thrilling 3-2 non-conference victory over Hamilton College on Saturday afternoon at Raymond J. Bourque Arena.
Jacy Kuhlman (Severna Park, Md.) evened up the contest at 14:04, while Jade Meier (Fairbanks, Alaska) found the back of the net for the game-winner at 16:33 to lift the Gulls to their eighth straight victory.
Meanwhile, Jillian Gibbs (Burlington, Vt.) put Endicott ahead 1-0 at 12:05 of the second period before Hamilton responded with two goals in the third (6:44/11:12) to set up the dramatic comeback win.
In goal, Alyssa Peterson (Cranberry Township, Pa.) stopped a career-high 43 shots to improve to 7-1-0 overall on the year (25-3-1 career) for the Gulls. Peterson's counterpart, Venne, had 19 saves in the loss (2-3-0).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 6-0-0 at home this season.
- This was the first-ever meeting between the two programs.
- Gibbs, who is Endicott's all-time leading scorer and point-getter, is one goal shy of 50 for her career.
- Gibbs currently has 49 goals and 43 assists for 92 points in 94 games played.
- Endicott is receiving seven votes in the latest USCHO.com Division III Women's Ice Hockey Poll.
Endicott (11-1-0) hosts Hamilton (4-4-0) tomorrow at 2:30 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)