BEVERLY, Mass. – The No. 10 nationally ranked Endicott women's ice hockey team posted a 4-0 conference victory over the University of New England (UNE) on Saturday evening at Raymond J. Bourque Arena.
The Gulls jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first period and were never threatened the rest of the way.
Kat Keith (Westwood, Mass.) opened up the scoring with her fifth tally of the season at the 10:38 mark, while Ashlie Jones (Billerica, Mass.) and Michaela McNamara (Warwick, R.I.) buried goals two (15:34) and three (16:24) of the period less than one minute apart to take full control of the contest.
From there, Courtney Sullivan (North Yarmouth, Maine) rounded out the scoring at 10:09 of the third with her team-leading 10th goal of the season.
Alyssa Peterson (Cranberry Township, Pa.) also did her part in net to keep the Nor'easters at bay as the senior goalie stopped 31 shots for her third shutout of the season (12th career | 9-2-0 in 2019-20 | 27-4-1 career).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 4-1-0 all-time against UNE.
- Meaghan Francis (Woodbridge, Conn.) dished out two assists to register her first career multi-assist game. Francis had the primary assist on Endicott's second and fourth goals, respectively.
- Sullivan is four goals shy of tying the program record for most goals in a season. Her 10 goals so far in 2019-20 rank tied for seventh all-time in a single season.
- Peterson has made 30 or more saves in a game four times this season.
- Endicott is 8-1-0 at Raymond J. Bourque Arena in 2019-20.
- UNE fell to 6-3-1 on the road in 2019-20 with today's loss.
- The Gulls are ranked No. 10 (tied) in the latest USCHO.com Division III Poll.
No. 10 Endicott (14-2-0, 8-0-0 CHC) hosts Wesleyan on Tuesday, January 21 at 7 PM. UNE (9-4-1, 5-2-1 CHC) welcomes Southern Maine to its campus next Tuesday at 7 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)