WORCESTER, Mass. — The No. 10 nationally ranked Endicott women's ice hockey team defeated Becker College, 3-0, on Saturday night at Worcester Ice Arena.
The Gulls got on the board first through Michaela McNamara (Warwick, R.I.) who made it 1-0, at 8:22 of the first period.
On the goal, Jillian Gibbs (Burlington, Vt.) dished out an assist which marked her 100th career point for the Gulls. Gibbs is the first player in program history to reach the 100 career point milestone.
So far in 103 games, Gibbs has scored 53 goals and notched 48 assists.
As for the rest of the contest, McNamara made it 2-0 Gulls at 3:18 of the second period, and Jade Meier (Fairbanks, Alaska) rounded out the scoring making it 3-0 at 15:59 of the third period.
Meanwhile, Bailey Thieben (North Syracuse, N.Y.) stopped 20 pucks in net to improve to 3-0-0 on the season.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- With her three points tonight, Meier now holds the record for points in a single season with 31.
- Thieben earned her second career shutout in the victory. The freshman netminder also registered her first collegiate point tonight as she notched an assist on Endicott's second goal.
- 20 saves ties a career-high for Thieben (Prev. 3-0 W over Becker on Nov. 16).
- Both of McNamara's goals came on the power play.
- The Gulls improve to 11-0-1 all-time against Becker with the victory.
- Endicott has won nine of its last 10 games.
No. 10 Endicott (19-2-0, 12-0-0 CHC) will travel to Nichols on Friday, February 14 at 6:40 PM. Becker (6-14-1, 2-11-1 CHC) will host Salve Regina on Friday, February 14 at 7:10 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)