BEVERLY, Mass. – The first-seeded Endicott women's ice hockey team will host second-seeded the University of New England (UNE) on Saturday, March 7 at 7 PM in the Colonial Hockey Conference (CHC) championship game. Here's a preview of Saturday's championship matchup.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Gulls lead the all-time series over the Nor'easters 6-1-0, which includes a 5-1-0 record in the regular season, and a 1-0-0 advantage in their only playoff meeting.
- This will be the first matchup between the two sides in the CHC Championship.
- Endicott and UNE enter Saturday's matchup as the top two goal-scoring teams in the conference. The Gulls lead the CHC with 91 goals scored, while UNE ranks second with 65.
- The Gulls are 14-1 at Raymond J. Bourque Arena. While the Nor'easters hold a 9-5-2 record on the road.
- Endicott will look to win it's second straight CHC championship while UNE will look to win its first CHC championship in program history.
The winner of Saturday's contest will earn the Colonial Hockey Conference's automatic bid into the NCAA tournament.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)