BEVERLY, Mass. — The Endicott women's ice hockey team will travel to Middlebury College to take on Middlebury in the quarterfinal round of the NCAA Division III women's ice hockey tournament. The quarterfinal contest will take place on Saturday, March 14 at 3 PM. Here's a preview of Saturday's matchup.
After considering recent event attendance guidance provided by the NCAA Saturday's contest will be played without spectators Fans who have already purchased tickets may contact email@example.com for a refund. You can still watch the game live on the NSN Website at 3:00 p.m.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Middlebury is 11-1-2 at home this season, while Endicott is 10-1-0 on the road.
- The Panthers lead the all-time series over the Gulls, 5-0-0.
- Middlebury enters Saturday's contest as the No. 2 ranked team in the latest USCHO.com poll, while the Gulls enter Saturday as the No. 7 team in the latest USCHO.com poll.
- Endicott is the No. 10 scoring offense nationally, while Middlebury enters Saturday as the No. 1 ranked scoring defense nationally.
- Saturday's quarterfinal contest will be a battle of two of the top-10 powerplays in NCAA DIII. Endicott ranks No. 1 nationally while Middlebury is No. 8 nationally.
The winner of Saturday's game will advance to the next round of the NCAA Division III women's ice hockey tournament and face-off against the winner of Wisconsin Eau-Claire UW-River Falls on Friday, March 20 at a place and time to be determined at a later date.
(Photo Credit - Brendan Carpenter '20)