ATTENDANCE POLICY: ESSENTIAL STAFF AND APPROVED FAMILY ATTENDANCE ONLY. NO PUBLIC ALLOWED.
BEVERLY, Mass. — The Endicott men's ice hockey team (22-5-0) will host Plymouth State University (15-9-3) in the first round of the NCAA Division III Men's Ice Hockey Tournament on Saturday, March 14 at 4 PM. Here's a preview of Saturday's matchup, which will be broadcast online here: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/ecgulls/
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Endicott enters this weekend's contest ranked No. 7 overall in the latest USCHO.com Poll.
- Plymouth State captured its second straight Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) Championship and fourth overall with a 6-2 win over UMass Dartmouth on March 7.
- Among all NCAA Division III programs, the Panthers are nationally ranked No. 18 in scoring offense (3.74 G/GM), No. 42 in scoring defense (2.96 G/GM), No. 25 in scoring margin (0.78), No. 6 in penalty minutes (11.1 PIM/G), No. 18 on the power play (24-104, 23.1%), No. 43 on the penalty kill (81-99, 81.8%), and No. 32 in combined special teams (105-203, 51.7%).
- Meanwhile, the Gulls are nationally ranked No. 13 in scoring offense (4.00 G/GM), No. 4 in scoring defense (1.74 G/GM), No. 6 in scoring margin (2.26), No. 3 in penalty minutes (20.0 PIM/G), No. 23 on the power play (31-142, 21.8%), No. 14 on the penalty kill (128-148, 86.5%), and No. 11 in combined special teams (159-290, 54.8%).
- Endicott is 2-1-0 all-time against Plymouth State. Games in the series include: 1/8/17 (W, 5-1, Beverly, Mass.), 10/27/17 (L, 3-2, Beverly, Mass.), 12/6/18 (W, 8-2, Plymouth, N.H., Panthers were nationally ranked No. 13 in the country).
(Photo Credit - Brendan Carpenter '20)