TICKET PRICES: $5 ADULTS, $3 STUDENTS, AGES 12 AND UNDER FREE, ENDICOTT STUDENTS FREE, CASH ONLY
BEVERLY, Mass. – The second-seeded Endicott men's ice hockey team (20-5) is set to host fifth-seeded Nichols (12-2-2) in the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Tournament semifinal round on Saturday at 7:30 PM. Here's a preview of this weekend's playoff matchup between the No. 14 nationally ranked Gulls and the Bison.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- This is only the second postseason meeting in the all-time series between the two programs. Endicott won the lone matchup, 4-3, in overtime, in Harrisville, Rhode Island on February 20, 2019.
- Endicott holds an 8-4-0 advantage in the all-time series over Nichols. The Gulls also come into Saturday's matchup winners of five straight contests over the Bison. That streak does include the previously mentioned playoff meeting.
- Nichols is 4-1-0 in its last five games. The Bison have collected wins against Becker (5-0, 5-4 OT), Western New England (5-2), and Salve Regina (5-4 OT, CCC Quarterfinals) during that span.
- Endicott checks into Saturday's matchup as the second-best offense in the CCC at 4.12 goals per game, while Nichols is tied with Salve Regina in the fourth spot at 3.50 goals per game. Defensively, Endicott is first among all league foes with a 1.79 goals against average (GAA) and the Bison are fourth (2.86 GAA).
- Both teams have only appeared in the CCC Championship once in their respective histories since the league formed in 2016-17. Endicott will forever hold claim to being the first program crowned with a league title, while Nichols captured the CCC Championship in 2017-18.
The winner of tonight's game will take on the winner of No. 6 Wentworth and No. 1 UNE in the CCC Championship on Saturday, March 7. The CCC title game will be hosted by the highest remaining seed (time TBD).
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)