BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's ice hockey team posted a 7-1 conference victory over Wentworth on Saturday night at Raymond J. Bourque Arena.
In a pre-game ceremony prior to the matchup, seniors Jacob Gammelgaard (Esbjerg, Denmark) and James Winkler (York, Maine) and graduate students Jason Kalinowski (Stamford, Conn.) and Luke Rodgers (Clarkston, Mich.) were all honored for their contributions towards the men's ice hockey program and the Endicott College community.
The 2020 Senior Class has led the Gulls to a 75-24-7 (.741) overall record, a 50-17-2 (.739) conference record, one Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) regular season title, a CCC Championship, and a quarterfinal appearance in the NCAA Tournament, to date.
As for the game, Winkler stole the show on Senior Day by notching a hat-trick. Meanwhile, Matt Giroux (Bedford, N.H.), Thomas Albert (Reading, Mass.), Svet Kuchynski (Minsk, Belarus), and Elliott Clemmons (Rochester, N.Y.) all found the back of the net as well.
In goal, Conor O'Brien (Pinellas Park, Fla.) stopped 13 shots in 40 minutes of action to improve to 18-4-0 on the season.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott extended its winning streak to 11 straight games.
- The program record for consecutive victories is 13, which was set during the 2017-18 season from November 2, 2018, to December 31, 2017.
- During that season, Endicott went undefeated from November 2, 2017, to January 9, 2018 (14-0-2) before finally losing its first game in months against Nichols on January 19, 2018, on the road.
- The Gulls improved to 8-3-0 at home this season with today's win.
- Giroux registered his first career collegiate goal tonight.
- Winkler registered his second career hat-trick.
Endicott (18-5-0, 14-2-0 CCC) hosts Becker on Friday, February 21 at 4 PM. Wentworth (7-13-3, 3-10-3 CCC) travels to the University of New England next Friday at 7 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)