WEST SPRINGFIELD, Mass. — The Endicott men's ice hockey team posted a 5-2 conference victory over Western New England on Saturday night at the Olympia Ice Center.
The Gulls received goals from Mitch Shaheen (North Andover, Mass.), Zach Mazur (Lancaster, N.Y.), Jake Simons (Coral Springs, Fla.), James Winkler (York, Maine), and Noah Strawn (Wareham, Mass.) in the win.
Jason Kalinowski (Stamford, Conn.) also dished out three assists to collect his 99th, 100th, and 101st career point. So far in 99 career games for the Gulls, Kalinowski has scored 36 goals and dished out 65 assists for 101 points.
Kalinowski is now the fourth student-athlete in program history to reach the 100 point plateau. He is joined on that illustrious list by Ross Olsson '18 M'19 (55g, 79a, 134p), Josh Bowes '18 M'21 (56g, 61a, 117p), and Tommy Besinger '19 (33g, 71a, 104p).
Meanwhile, in goal, Conor O'Brien (Pinellas Park, Fla.) stopped 23 shots to improve to 14-4-0 overall on the season (25-12-2 career).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 11-1-0 all-time against the Golden Bears.
- The Gulls are 7-1-0 on the road this season.
- Endicott has won seven in a row and eight out of its last 10 games.
- The Gulls have now won 10 or more conference games (10-2-0) for the fourth time in their five-year history of the program.
- Kalinowski will be the sixth student-athlete to play in 100 career games in his next contest.
Endicott (14-5-0, 10-2-0 CCC) hosts Salve Regina on Friday, February 7 at 7:15 PM. Western New England (3-14-2, 1-10-1 CCC) travels to Curry next Friday at 6:50 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)