BEVERLY, Mass. — The Endicott men's ice hockey team defeated No. 14 nationally ranked Curry College, 2-1, on Friday night in conference action at Raymond J. Bourque Arena.
Tied 1-1 early in the third period, Luke Rodgers (Clarkston, Mich.) corralled a blocked shot in the slot and sniped home his second goal of the season top-shelf blocker side at 4:55 to lift the Gulls to the eventual victory.
Azan Dorsett (McKinney, Texas) initiated the tally when he scooped up a neutral zone turnover, carried the puck into the offensive zone, and fed Svet Kuchynski (Minsk, Belarus) in the slot for the potential go-ahead bid before Rodgers cleaned up Kuchynski's blocked shot.
Meanwhile, James Winkler (York, Maine) tied up the contest at the 1:06 mark of the second period via a one-timer in the slot off feeds from Jack Kilty (Medway, Mass.) and Bump Lisk (Lawrenceville, N.J.).
In goal, Conor O'Brien (Pinellas Park, Fla.) made 28 saves — including 15 alone in the third period — to improve to 2-0-0 on the season and 13-8-2 in his career.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Curry is nationally ranked No. 14 in the latest USCHO.com poll.
- Endicott improved to 7-2-0 in the all-time series against the Colonels.
- The Gulls have won the last two meetings versus Curry (W, 3-1, 1/19/19).
- Rodgers netted his fourth career game-winning goal.
- Kuchynski and Dorsett both registered their first career collegiate assist and point, respectively.
Endicott (2-0-0, 1-0-0 CCC) travels to No. 14 Curry (2-1-0, 0-1-0 CCC) tomorrow for a 2:50 PM matchup.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)