BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's ice hockey team fell to Suffolk University, 4-3, on Tuesday evening in non-conference action at Raymond J. Bourque Arena.
Trailing 4-1 midway through the third period, the Gulls put together a valiant rally via goals from Mitch Shaheen (North Andover, Mass.) and Luke Rodgers (Clarkston, Mich.) at 10:34 and 16:22 of the frame, respectively, but Rams' freshman netminder Nathan Pickett (Auburn, Mass.) stopped five high-pressure shots the rest of the way to secure the victory.
Pickett ended the game with 40 saves, while, his counterpart, Elijah Harris (Haverhill, Mass.) made 19 saves in his first start of the season.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- James Winkler (York, Maine) notched his fourth goal of the season at 18:18 of the first period, exactly 29-seconds after Suffolk took a 1-0 lead in the contest.
- Rodgers won a game-high 16 face-offs.
- Endicott's seven-game unbeaten streak (6-0-1, six wins in a row) against Suffolk came to a close with today's loss.
- The Gulls are now 2-2-0 at home this season.
- Suffolk received goals from Brian Brooks (Canton, Mass.), Billy Roche (Braintree, Mass.), Nick Lachaine (Lakeville, Conn.), and Matt Bucher (Cromwell, Conn.). Lachaine's shorthanded tally at 12:36 of the second period was the first goal of his collegiate career.
Endicott (5-3-0) hosts conference foe Nichols College on Saturday, December 7 at 3 PM. Suffolk (2-5-0) takes on Wilkes in the Steve Hoar Invitational on Saturday, November 30 at the Fidelity Bank Worcester Ice Center in Worcester, Massachusetts at 5:30 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)