BEVERLY, Mass. — The Endicott men's ice hockey team defeated Nichols College, 5-1, on Saturday afternoon at Raymond J. Bourque Arena.
After a scoreless first period, the Gulls scored two goals in the second period and buried three goals in the third period.
Meanwhile, Mitch Shaheen (North Andover, Mass.) put the Gulls up 3-0 just 41 seconds into the third period with a shorthanded goal. Simons then buried his second of the game and Endicott's second powerplay goal of the day to make it 4-0 at 2:27. Eric Johansson (Malmo Sweeden) rounded out the scoring for the Gulls with an empty-net goal late in the third period.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Gulls now lead the all-time series over the Bison 8-4-0.
- Endicott goalie Conor O'Brien (Pinellas Park, Fla.) made 33 saves to improve to 6-2-0 on the season.
- Zach Mazur (Lancaster, N.Y.) tied his career-high for points in a game with his three assists.
- Endicott's two power-play goals were the most they've scored on the man advantage this season.
- With his two goals today Simons notched his first multi-goal game of the season.
Endicott (6-3-0, 5-2-0 CCC) hosts Salem State on Thursday, December 12 at 7 PM. Nichols (0-9-0, 0-7-0 CCC) will travel to Franklin Pierce on Saturday, December 14 for a 1 PM contest.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)