SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – The Endicott women's basketball team fell to Western New England, 81-69, in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action on Saturday afternoon.
Down 58-37 late in the third quarter, Endicott sprung together a 14-2 run that brought the contest within nine points (60-51) just a little over a minute into the fourth.
From there, the Gulls continued to battle as Kaleigh Putnam (Wallingford, Conn.) eventually canned a fast break layup at the 3:45 mark to make it a 68-61 game, but that's as close as the Gulls would get as the Golden Bears did not let off the gas and pulled away from Endicott to close out the contest.
Mikaela Rogers (Haverhill, Mass.) led the Gulls in two categories off the bench via a career-high 27 points and eight rebounds in 33 minutes of action (second-most on team).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott continues to hold the all-time series over Western New England, 17-11.
- Emily Pratt (Gardner, Mass.) posted 19 points and seven rebounds for the Gulls. Pratt has now scored in double-digits in every game this season (15).
- Putnam also chipped in with 13 points and seven rebounds. Putnam has now produced 10 or more points in seven straight games.
- Rogers has now scored 20 or more points two times this season (22 points vs. Westfield State, 11/23/19).
- Western New England opened the game with a 22-5 run in the first 7:57 of the contest and led 41-18 at the half before Endicott mounted its comeback bid.
Endicott (8-9, 6-3 CCC) hosts Nichols on Tuesday, January 28 at 5:30 PM. Western New England (15-3, 8-1 CCC) travels to Roger Williams on Tuesday, January 28 at 5:30 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)