TICKET PRICES: $5 Adults | $3 Seniors, non-Endicott students, ages 12 and under | EC students free (w/ ID)
BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott football team (2-0) is set to host No. 15 nationally ranked Wesley College (2-0) on Saturday, September 21 at 12 PM. Here's a preview of this week's matchup.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Since 2003, the Wolverines have produced a 165-35 overall record (.825), won nine conference championships, and advanced to the NCAA Tournament semifinal round six times.
- Wesley is coming off of a thrilling 24-18 quadruple overtime victory against then-No. 13 nationally ranked Delaware Valley. Based upon available data, it's the longest game played in program history for both teams.
- Senior running back E.J. Lee (Germantown, Md.) currently leads the New Jersey Athletic Conference (NJAC) in rushing yards (178) and rushing average per game (89.0) headed into Saturday's contest against Endicott. Lee also is a two-time NJAC All-Conference first team selection and was named the league's Co-Offensive Rookie of the Year in 2016.
- Endicott ranks second among Commonwealth Coast Football (CCC Football) programs in points per game allowed at 15.0. The Gulls are also positioned first in interceptions (6) and defensive touchdowns with two.
- Endicott and Wesley will meet for the first time ever on Saturday. The last time the Wolverines played a Division III team from New England came back on November 21, 2015, when they hosted Framingham State in the first round of the NCAA Tournament and defeated the Rams, 42-22. This season also marks Wesley's first trip to New England since September 24, 2011, when the Wolverines traveled to Husson University and beat the Eagles, 72-0, on their home turf. Wesley opened 2019 by beating Division II newcomer Franklin Pierce, 69-0, in Rindge, N.H.
Endicott (2-0) opens up conference play against Becker on Homecoming and Family Weekend next Saturday (Sept. 28) at 12:30 PM. As part Homecoming and Family Weekend (Sept. 26-29), the inauguration of Dr. Steven R. DiSalvo, Endicott College's seventh president, will be held on Friday, September 27 at 9:30 AM at Hempstead Stadium. Meanwhile, Wesley (2-0) hosts conference foe Rowan on Saturday, October 5 at 1 PM.
(Photo Credit - Nick Grace '20)