BEVERLY, Mass. — The Endicott women's volleyball team is set to take on Bowdoin in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Friday, November 15 at 5:30 PM at Tufts University. Here's a preview of Friday's contest.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- This is Endicott's third NCAA DIII Women's Volleyball Tournament appearance in the last four years.
- Endicott's match against Bowdoin on Friday will be the 19th time the two programs have met, but the first time they will have faced off in the NCAA DIII Tournament.
- The Gulls received the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) automatic bid to the NCAA DIII Tournament after sweeping Roger Williams 3-0 in the championship match on Saturday, November 9.
- Bowdoin received an at-large bid to the NCAA DIII Tournament after falling to Tufts 3-2 in the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) championship match.
- Both teams are regionally ranked in the official NCAA Regional Rankings, with Bowdoin being ranked sixth and Endicott being ranked seventh.
The winner of Friday's contest will square off against the winner of the Tufts and Eastern Nazarene match on Saturday, November 16. Check out the entire 2019 NCAA bracket HERE.