BEVERLY, Mass. – The top-seeded Endicott women's volleyball team (22-7) is set to host to second-seeded Roger Williams (15-13) on Saturday afternoon at 2 PM in the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Tournament championship. Here is a preview of Saturday's contest.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The two teams are 19-19 all-time against each other in one of the most intense rivalries in the CCC. In the 2019 regular season, Endicott claimed a 3-1 win by set scores of 25-18, 25-11, 23-25, 25-12.
- Since 2004, 13 of the 15 CCC volleyball titles have been won by either Endicott (6) or Roger Williams (7).
- Endicott swept Salve Regina in the CCC semifinals on Thursday, holding the Seahawks to 10 or less in two of the three sets (25-9, 25-22, 25-10).
- Roger Williams edged Wentworth at home by a 3-1 final, behind 22 kills from Lara Loiacono.
- This is the 10th appearance in the CCC Championship match for both Endicott and Roger Williams in the last 15 years, and the fifth time these two programs have met in the finals.
The winner of Saturday's match will secure a berth in the upcoming NCAA Division III Championship.