BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's volleyball team will open up its 2019 season this Saturday on the road before it hosts national power MIT on Tuesday, September 3 at 7:00 PM. Here's a preview of the upcoming season.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Endicott welcomes back the reigning Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Player, Libero and Rookie of the Year in Zoey Gifford (Natick, Mass.), Mackenzie Kennedy (Andover, Mass.), and Colleen McAvoy (Coventry, Conn.), respectively. Amanda Gilbert (Hopkinton, Mass.) also received All-CCC honors in 2018 as the four women lead a core of 13 returners and five freshmen.
- The 2019 campaign will be the 20th for head coach Tim Byram, who has compiled a career record of 379-276 at the helm of the Gulls. During his 19 seasons, Endicott has claimed six CCC titles, the last of which came two seasons ago as Endicott went back-to-back in 2016 and 2017.
- In the last 20 seasons since joining the CCC, the Gulls have posted a record of 142-31 (.821) against conference foes.
- Endicott has seen a Gull earn CCC Player of the Year honors in each of the last four seasons, starting with Tori McIntyre '17 in 2015 and 2016, then Emma Mancini '19 in 2017, and Zoey Gifford in 2018.
- In the last five years, the Gulls are a combined 50-18 (.735) while playing on their home court in MacDonald Gymnasium.
HIGHLIGHTED HOME GAMES
- MIT - receiving votes (9/3)
- Tufts - receiving votes (9/13)
- Roger Williams - Homecoming (9/28)
- No. 8 JWU (10/3)
- Wentworth - Senior Night (10/24)