BEVERLY, Mass. – The No. 9 nationally ranked Endicott men's volleyball team defeated No. 12 Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE), 3-0, by scores of 25-23, 25-22, and 25-23 on Friday night at MacDonald Gymnasium.
Bryn Lipton (Rockford, Ill.) guided Endicott behind a dominant all-around game that featured a match-high 16 kills (.682), four service aces, seven digs, and one block assist. Meanwhile, on serve-receive, Lipton went a perfect 12-for-12 on his passing attempts.
Donovan Dey (Fairport, N.Y.) also added eight kills, one service ace, five digs, and a block in the win, while Chad Riorden (Fairport, N.Y.) facilitated the offense via a match-high 35 assists (.431).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- With tonight's victory, the Gulls evened up the all-time series against MSOE at 3-3 overall.
- All three wins versus MSOE have come when the Raiders were nationally (No. 13, No. 10, No. 12).
- Today's match featured 28 ties and seven lead changes.
- Endicott erased an 18-17 deficit in set one, broke a 16-16 tie in set two, and surged through a 17-17 tie in set three to come away with tonight's win.
- The Gulls are 7-0 at home this season.
- Endicott extended its winning streak to 11 straight matches.
No. 9 Endicott (13-2) hosts No. 7 St. John Fisher tomorrow at 11 AM. No. 12 MSOE (8-4) travels to No. 15 MIT tomorrow at 1 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)