BEVERLY, Mass. — The No. 4 nationally ranked Endicott men's volleyball team will open up its 2020 season on Friday, January 24 against No. 8 nationally ranked UC Santa Cruz (4 PM) and Keuka (6 PM) in Providence, Rhode Island at the Johnson & Wales University (JWU) Tournament. Here's a preview of the Gulls upcoming season.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Endicott's No. 4 national ranking is its highest ever in program history.
- The Gulls are scheduled to play 10 teams this season that were either nationally ranked and/or made the NCAA Tournament in 2019.
- Head Coach George Chapell '08 enters year eight at the helm of the only program he has ever known five wins shy of reaching the 150 career wins plateau. During that span under Chapell, the Gulls are 145-68 (.681) overall and 81-3 (.964) in conference play.
- Endicott returns four student-athletes back to the fold this year who ranked in the top-5 on last year's team in kills. That list includes two-time American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) All-American Bryn Lipton (Rockford, Ill.), two-time All-Conference selection Donovan Dey (Fairport, N.Y.), Erich Roman (Glastonbury, Conn.), and Gabe Felicetti (Charlestown, R.I.).
- The Gulls finished their 2019 campaign as the NCAA Division III Statistical Champion for hitting percentage and have the potential to repeat in that category given the talent that's represented in their 11 returners and nine freshmen.
HIGHLIGHTED HOME MATCHES
- Lasell (1/29, 7 PM, home opener)
- Stevens (2/23, 12 PM)
- MSOE (3/6, 6 PM)
- St. John Fisher (3/7, 11 AM)
- Kean (3/11, 6 PM)
- Elms (3/28, 1 PM)
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)