MEDWAY, Mass. – The Endicott equestrian team earned high point team honors (first place out of 11 teams) to open up its 2019-20 season at the Brandeis/Tufts Show on Saturday evening at Saddle Rowe.
Along with winning the show, Abbigale Gerrish (Greenland, N.H.) claimed high point rider honors via a first place performances in open fences and a second place finish in open flat.
Meanwhile, Caitlin Laliberte (Westford, Mass.) also highlighted Endicott's efforts on the day with a Regionals qualifying ride in limit flat (second place) and a third place showing in limit fences.
"It was a very exciting opening show of the season for us. Brandeis and Tufts ran a great show and we are thankful for their efforts today," said Endicott equestrian head coach Bethany Jones. As for the team, we really rallied together and got it done today. Not only our point riders, but everyone who rode made sure to bring their all to the table ensuring us our win today. I am very proud of this group of great riders. It's a Great Day to be a Gull, as always."
OTHER SHOW HIGHLIGHTS
- Katie Denker (Woburn, Mass.) ranked first in introductory.
- Sydney Putnam (Ghent, N.Y.) was first in novice.
- Helen Barrow (Swanton, Vt.) notched runner-up placements in intermediate fences and intermediate flat.
- Kaili Gore (Fleetwood, Pa.) came in second in limit fences.
- Amber Vuilleumier (Clinton, Conn.) placed third in novice.
- Kathleen Bolduc (Peabody, Mass.) finished fourth in limit flat.
- Olivia Virgin (Burlington, Mass.) posted a fifth place performance in introductory.
Endicott returns to action tomorrow at the Boston University Show in Hanover, Mass. at the Holy Hill Show Stable.
(Photo Credit - Endicott Equestrian Team)