SALEM, Mass. — The Endicott men's basketball team defeated Clark University, 94-71, on Monday evening in the Salem State Holiday Classic at Twohig Gymnasium.
Leading by five early in the first half, the Gulls went on a 35-19 run to give themselves a 21 point lead after twenty minutes of play.
From there, Endicott never looked back, leading by as much as 27 points (94-67) in the second half.
Keith Brown (Pelham, N.H.) led the way for the Gulls with 19 points (7-12 FG, 3-6 3 PT, 2-2 FT) to go along with seven rebounds.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Matt McDevitt (Cumberland, Maine.) was named Team MVP of the Salem State Holiday Classic for the Gulls. McDevitt contributed 10 points to go along with seven rebounds in today's game after his 30 point performance in Endicott's 88-85 win over Williams on Sunday, December 29.
- Arseneault's 15 points were a career high.
- This was Endicott and Clark's first meeting since December 30, 2017.
- Clark now leads the all-time series 5-3.
- The Gulls have now won six games in a row.
- All five of Endicott's starters scored in double figures for the first time this season.
- The last time the Gulls saw all five of their starters score in double figures occurred January 16, 2019 (Win vs. UNE, 116-93).
Endicott (9-3) will resume Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) play as they travel to defending CCC Champion Nichols on Tuesday, January 7 for a 7:30 PM contest. Clark (5-6) will host Wheaton College on Wednesday, January 8 at 7 PM.
(Photo Credit - Nick Grace '20)