BEVERLY, Mass. – The No. 13 nationally ranked Endicott men's volleyball team defeated Emmanuel, 3-0, by scores of 25-14, 25-10, and 25-19 on Wednesday night at MacDonald Gymnasium.
Ian Smith (Elk Grove, Calif.) paced the Gulls with a match-high nine kills (.533) alongside three digs, and two blocks (one solo).
Bryn Lipton (Rockford, Ill.) also added six kills (.455), four service aces, six digs, and block assist, while Gabe Felicetti (Charlestown, R.I.) and Erich Roman (Glastonbury, Conn.) chipped in with four kills apiece (.714 | .400).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott improved to 18-7 all-time against Emmanuel with tonight's victory.
- The Gulls also have won five matches in a row versus the Saints (three shutouts).
- Junior libero Justin Kegebein (Liverpool, N.Y.) went 16-for-16 on serve-receive.
- He also registered two digs and saw seven of his 16 receptions lead to kills.
- Smith was a perfect 10-for-10 on serve-receive.
- Endicott's 14 service aces rank tied for the second-highest output in a match this season and tied for first in three-set-only matches.
- Today's contest featured 13 ties and five lead changes (11 ties/4 lead changes in set three alone).
Endicott (9-2) travels to Lesley on Saturday, February 22 at 4:30 PM. Emmanuel (4-8) hosts Nichols and St. Joseph's (Brooklyn) this Saturday at 11 AM and 3 PM, respectively.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)