BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's soccer team defeated Plymouth State University, 4-0, on Tuesday evening in non-conference action at Hempstead Stadium.
Gabriel Chaves (Secaucus, N.J.) and Evan Couchot (Mason, Ohio) both found the back of the net twice to guide the Gulls to their fifth straight victory (5-0-1 last six matches). Chaves tallied markers at 16:02 and 67:25, while Couchot potted goals at 30:42 and 49:08, respectively.
In the first half, Endicott outshot Plymouth State, 8-1 (4-0 SOG), and compiled a 4-0 advantage in corner kick chances.
The second half featured much of the same as Endicott controlled the majority of possession which led to a 10-4 showing in shots (5-1 SOG) and a 6-1 margin in corner kicks.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Gulls have now beaten Plymouth State in back-to-back matches (9/8/18, W, 2-0).
- Endicott evened its home record to 3-3-0 with today's win.
- Couchot registered his fifth multi-goal game of the season (14th career).
- Chaves' first career collegiate goal came off of assists from Alex Vuksta (Hudson, Ohio) and Couchot.
- Couchot initiated the strike by slipping a through ball to the left corner of the box to a wide-open Vuksta. From there, Vuksta took the space in front of him and sent a back-post cross to Chaves for a one-timer strike.
- Couchot headed home his first goal of the contest off of a corner kick by Brandon Haughton (Hartford, Conn.) into the lower right corner of the net.
- Meanwhile, Chaves and Couchot scored their second goals via a rebound chance and a penalty kick, respectively.
- Freshman goalkeeper Zach Regulbuto (Somers, Conn.) stopped one shot to record his fifth clean sheet of the year.
Endicott (7-3-1) hosts Nichols College on Saturday, October 12 at 3 PM. Prior to Saturday's match, seniors Jon Breed (Atkinson, N.H.), Jesse Martinez (Walpole, Mass.), and Couchot will all be honored for their contributions towards the men's soccer program and the Endicott community in a Senior Day ceremony.
Plymouth State (1-5-3) travels to Rhode Island College this Saturday at 1 PM.
(Photo Credit - Demetrius Kazanas '22)