BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's ice hockey team shut out Western New England University, 3-0, on Friday night in conference action at Raymond J. Bourque Arena.
Deadlocked at 0-0 midway through the third period, Azan Dorsett (McKinney, Texas) finally broke through for the Gulls at the 10:39 mark when he beat his defender on a rush from the right wing, cut across the goal mouth, and snuck a backhander past Kyle Carducci (Rocky Hill, Conn.) for his second goal of the season.
From there, Noah Strawn (Wareham, Mass.) sniped home a one-timer from the slot via a feed by Connor Amsley (Carlisle, Pa.) that came from Gretzky's Office (12:16), while Jason Kalinowski (Stamford, Conn.) buried an empty-netter at 18:52 to help secure Endicott's sixth-straight win.
In goal, Conor O'Brien (Pinellas Park, Pa.) made 19 saves to push his record to 13-4-0 on the season. Meanwhile, on the other end, Carducci stopped 50 shots in the loss.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Gulls are 10-1-0 all-time against Western New England.
- O'Brien notched his third shutout of the season (fourth career).
- Carducci recorded 41 straight saves before allowing a goal to Dorsett.
- In total, Carducci had 15 saves in the first, 16 in the second, and 19 in the third.
- Endicott is 6-3-0 at home this season.
Endicott (13-5-0, 9-2-0 CCC) travels to Western New England (3-13-2, 1-9-1 CCC) tomorrow at 7 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)