BEVERLY, Mass. — The Endicott field hockey team (16-4) will take on Roger Williams (12-9) today in the Commonwealth Coast Conference Tournament semifinal round at 7 PM. Here's a preview of today's contest.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Gulls enter the tournament as the defending CCC tournament champion and regular season champion after finishing the conference season with an unblemished 12-0 conference record.
- Endicott defeated Roger Williams both times the two teams faced off in the regular season, 2-1 on September 28, and 3-1 on October 26.
- The Gulls have won two straight CCC semifinal games.
- This is the first-ever playoff meeting between the two sides.
- Roger Williams earned their semifinal berth after defeating Western New England, 3-1 in the CCC Quarterfinal round. Endicott received a first round bye into the semifinals.
The winner of today's contest will move on to the CCC Championship game against either the University of New England or Salve Regina at a time and place to be determined later.